Fluctuations in the national economy have a major impact on the construction and property sector. More than ever, this sector needs the benefit of good, timely advice in managing its financial and tax affairs.
At Owen accountants we are fully conversant with these needs. We provide positive advice on tax planning and compliance, dealing with aspects such as VAT, SDLT, CIS, employment / contractor status and tax efficient extraction of profits.
Property investment clients need to plan for reducing inheritance tax and capital gains tax liabilities. We can help with obtaining loan funding, joint ventures or any other funding requirement.
Our recent client projects include:
- Potential Management Buy-Out of a large local contractor.
- Review of funding options to reduce the cost of funds for a residential building company.
- Supplying, installing, training and supporting Sage Job Costing.
- Reviewing a property portfolio to minimise the inheritance tax liability.
- Implementing a management remuneration package for non-shareholding directors of a contractor.
Many builders are family businesses. If you are considering the transfer of your business to the next generation or its sale to a third party, we understand the issues and guide you through this transitional phase. We have our own team with special expertise in handling these issues.